As a Florida real estate agent, renewing your license on time is vital to keep your career on track. The Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) requires licensees to renew their licenses every two years to maintain their legal status as realtors. Failure to renew on time can result in penalties, fines, and even a suspension of your license. In this article, we have outlined everything you need to know about Florida Real Estate License Renewal to make the process as smooth as possible.
When should you renew your Florida Real Estate License?
The deadline to renew your Florida Real Estate License is March 31st of every even-numbered year (e.g., March 31, 2022). It’s recommended to renew your license at least 60 days before it expires to avoid any delays, especially if you plan on continuing to work as a realtor.
What are the Requirements for Renewing Your Florida Real Estate License?
Before you can renew your Florida Real Estate License, you must meet the following requirements:
– Complete Continuing Education (CE) Requirements: Florida requires all realtors to complete 14 hours of CE courses, including 3 hours of Florida Core Law, before their renewal period ends. Make sure to take the courses from one of the FREC-approved CE providers.
– Submit your Renewal Application: The renewal application is available on the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) website. Make sure to complete the application accurately and include any necessary fees.
What happens if you fail to renew your Florida Real Estate License on time?
If you fail to renew your Florida Real Estate License on time, you risk losing your license, and you cannot legally work as a realtor in the state. You will need to complete the necessary steps and pay additional fees to reactivate your license. The process can take several weeks or even months, depending on the situation.
Tips to Make the Renewal Process Easier
To avoid any delays, follow these tips to make the renewal process as smooth as possible:
– Keep track of deadlines: Mark the renewal deadline on your calendar and set reminders to ensure you don’t miss it.
– Complete your CE courses early: Avoid any last-minute rush by completing your CE courses several months before your renewal deadline.
– Double-check your application: Make sure to review your renewal application before submitting it to ensure all information is accurate and complete.
– Keep …